Lemons are vitamin C rich citrus fruits that enhance your beauty, by rejuvenating skin from within bringing a glow to your face. One of the major health benefits of drinking lemon water is that it paves way for losing weight faster, thus acting as a great weight loss remedy. Lemon water flushes out body toxins and is extremely beneficial for the body. Warm lemon water serves as the perfect ‘good morning drink’, as it aids the digestive system and makes the process of eliminating the waste products from the body easier. It prevents the problem of constipation and diarrhea, by ensuring smooth bowel functions.
Lemon, a fruit popular for its therapeutic properties, helps maintain your immune system and thus, protects you from the clutches of most types of infections. It also plays the role of a blood purifier. Lemon is a fabulous antiseptic and lime-water juice also works wonders for people having heart problems, owing to its high potassium content. So, make it a part of your daily routine to drink a glass of warm lemon water in the morning and enjoy its health benefits. Read on for more interesting information on the benefits lemon water.
Health Benefits Of Drinking Lemon Water
- Lemon is an excellent and rich source of vitamin C, an essential nutrient that protects the body against immune system deficiencies.
- Lemons contain pectin fiber which is very beneficial for colon health and also serves as a powerful antibacterial.
- It balances maintain the pH levels in the body.
- Having warm lemon juice early in the morning helps flush out toxins.
- It aids digestion and encourages the production of bile.
- It is also a great source citric acid, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium.
- It helps prevent the growth and multiplication of pathogenic bacteria that cause infections and diseases.
- It helps reducing pain and inflammation in joints and knees as it dissolves uric acid.
- It helps cure the common cold.
- The potassium content in lemon helps nourish brain and nerve cells.
- It strengthens the liver by providing energy to the liver enzymes when they are too dilute.
- It helps balance the calcium and oxygen levels in the liver.
- It can help relieve the problem of indigestion and excess gas.
- In case of a heart burn, taking a glass of concentrated lemon juice can give relief.
- It is of immense benefit to the skin and it prevents the formation of wrinkles and acne.
- It helps maintain the health of the eyes and helps fight against eye problems.
- It aids in the reduction of phlegm (mucus) produced by the body.
- It helps control the speeding of unhealthy bacteria in the gut.
- Aids in the production of digestive juices.
- It helps purify the blood.
- Lemon juice helps replenish body salts especially after a strenuous workout session.
Nutrition Value Of Lemons
A glass of lemon juice contains less than 25 calories. It is a rich source of nutrients like calcium, potassium, vitamin C and pectin fiber. It also has medicinal values and antibacterial properties. It also contains traces of iron and vitamin A. Since it contains an elevated percentage of carbohydrates and sugars, avoid adding sugar to lemon juice.
Packed with all the goodness, make it a point to begin your day with a glass of warm lemon juice. Its cleansing and medical effects will have positive effects on your health in the long run. However it is very important to note that lemon juice when comes directly in contact with the teeth, can ruin the enamel on the teeth. Hence, it is advised to consume it diluted and also rinse your mouth thoroughly after drinking lemon juice.
The term cellulite refers to the dimpled appearance of the skin that some people have on their hips, thighs, and buttocks. It is a build-up of fat that accumulates in the subcutaneous fat beneath the skin and is exacerbated by eating fatty foods. No one likes to have cellulite and sometimes it is hard to get rid of whether your slim and trim or have more to love. So here you go…
These are 5 effective ways proven to reduce the appearance and get rid of your cellulite.
-Stand with your feet together and hands on your hips.
-Step forward with your right leg into a lunge, slowly transferring your body weight onto your right (or front) foot. Focus on dropping your hips toward the ground rather than driving your hips forward.
-With your back straight, continue lowering your body to a comfortable position—or, ideally, until your front thigh is parallel to the ground.
-Push off with your front leg to return to start. Switch legs and repeat.
-Stand up straight with your feet shoulder length apart and your arms stretched out in front of you.
-Bend your knees, tilt your hips back and slowly lower your behind, like you’re going to sit in a chair.
-Try to go bend until your thighs are parallel with the ground.
3. Leg Curl
-Place both knees on the ground and both arms in front of you.
-Lift one knee off the ground and bring your leg parallel with your abdomen.
-Bring that leg down and repeat.
-While laying flat on the floor bend knee and push body up off of the floor.
-Hold this position for 30 seconds. Relax and then repeat.
-Apply massage oil or cellulite reduction cream to your leg.
-Start at the lower portion of your cellulite and work your way up to the top.
-Massage your cellulite in a circular motion with your palms, finger tips or knuckles for about 10 minutes each day.
It is more effective if done twice a day. Massaging helps improve blood flow and your lymphatic system. Over time massaging will soften the fat tissues allowing fat to be released. While assisting your lymphatic system, your circulation will improve and allow fluid to flow more freely through the tissues and improve proper cell functioning.
While exercising and eating proper nutrients daily can help keep you energized, every once in a while you just need a quick boost of energy. Try these 5 quick ways to get re-energized.
Turn On Some Tunes
Listen to some of your favorite upbeat songs. You can even get up and dance to the beat. Music can stimulate every area of your brain and will allow for your creative juices to flow.
Watch That Funny YouTube Clip
Laughter enhances your intake of oxygen-rich air, increases your heart rate, lungs and muscle relaxation, and increases the endorphins that are released by your brain. In return this makes you feel rejuvenated and re-energized.
Connecting with someone via text, talk, or through a social media site is a great way to boost your energy to help you get through your day.
A Moment Of Silence
Since your brain and body is constantly responding to stimuli, which can be tiring, taking a minute to clear your head can replace your dissipated energy that was lost. To get the most out of your moment of silence try slow deep breathing and concentrate on your inhaling and exhaling.
Why peppermint you ask? Peppermint oil is a natural stimulant that acts as a mood enhancer that boosts your concentration and motivation. Don’t have peppermint oil with you? Smelling an infusion of breath mints, lip gloss or hand lotion will also work!
Do you find it hard to lose weight while at work? Weight gain at work is Not uncommon and can be avoided. Here are 5 healthy tips for loosing weight while at work that actually worked for me and attributed to me loosing 10lbs a month and keeping it off.
1. Start your day off with Oatmeal or a Healthy Cereal Like CheeriosNot only is oatmeal a great source of fiber but it takes longer to digest so it gives you the feeling a being full longer. In return you will be less likely to fall victim to vending machines or overeating at work. Have fun with your breakfast. I’m not a big fan of oatmeal and water so I use skim milk. It tastes the same way if you used 1% milk without all the extra calories. Also, adding fruits such as bananas,strawberries, or blueberries is a great way to give yourself a different taste.
2. More WATER
Try drinking more water. The more water you drink the less likely you will experience the need to eat. Choose water over soda and juices that contain large amounts of sugars and you will feel healthier and lose weight quicker.
3. Healthy Lunch
Try eating something light but yet filling, like a salad or half a sandwich. You can add a side soup, fruit, or yogurt to go with your lunch. Using a vinaigrette ,like Balsamic,or a lite dressing is a great way to cut back on calories.
4. Take a walk
Instead of trying to figure out how to spend your 15 minute break, take a walk outside. It’s the easiest form of exercise and does not require any special equipment or a gym membership and best of all you will be shedding calories and boosting your metabolism.
5. Still hungry???
Looking for a snack??? Try almonds and nuts. Almonds are a great source of vitamin D, dietary fiber and can assist in lowering cholesterol levels. I have also used string cheese, mixed berries and other fruits to help get me through the day.
I hope you find as much success with losing weight at work as I did. Till we meet again……